Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 8, 2011

New Keg options

So it's that time again to get a new keg just as the football season is ready to kick off. The finalists include:

1. Sam Adams -

2. Sam Adams Oktoberfest - The first thing you notice when pouring a glass of this seasonal beer is the color. Samuel Adams® Octoberfest has a rich, deep reddish amber hue which itself is reflective of the season. Samuel Adams Octoberfest masterfully blends together five roasts of malt to create a delicious harmony of sweet flavors including caramel and toffee. The malt is complimented by the elegant bitterness imparted by the Bavarian Noble hops. Samuel Adams Octoberfest provides a wonderful transition from the lighter beers of summer to the heartier brews of winter.

3. Sierra Nevada - Our most popular beer, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, is a delightful interpretation of a classic style. It has a deep amber color and an exceptionally full-bodied, complex character. Generous quantities of premium Cascade hops give the Pale Ale its fragrant bouquet and spicy flavor.

Sam Adams is a safe pick. I like Sierra Nevada and had it around this time last year. I have not tried the S.A. Oktoberfest but I do like their products. I grabbed a bottle of each yesterday and will be conducting a taste test tonight. Results will be disclosed after the tasting.

5 comments:

Rob said...

SA Oktoberfest is my vote. I love the taste.

deepie said...

Oktoberfest is very good. Any Fall seasonal would be perfect for football season, but SA's is the best I've tried.

j, k, and s's d said...

Sounds good.

I will give it a try tonight and if it stays true to the Sam Adams quality, it may be the next beer of choice.

Thanks for the input.

BTW - I love the descriptions of the Sam Adams beers. They sound SUPER DELICIOUS!!!!

Rob said...

SUPER DELICIOUS? Dude, you sound like the kind of guy that Michael Imperioli complains about in his 1800 Tequila commercials.

Grow a pair, man up, and just fill your keg with 1800.

j, k, and s's d said...

YES!!!! That was the EXACT reaction I was hoping for with my comment!