Total Pageviews

Monday, May 5, 2014

New keg

Put in a new keg a week or so ago.  I am typically pretty conservative with my selections as I don't want to venture out and get a keg of beer that I end up not enjoying.  My go to is Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.  It's a good beer with some taste and something that is typically enjoyed by many so guests are okay with it. 

However, when I went to pick up a new keg, I saw they had a much broader selection.  I ended up picking Devil's Backbone 8 point IPA.  Devil's Backbone is a Virginia based brewery that has a few award winning brews so it is a quality beer.  Their IPA has a bite to it but is not overly strong.  It has a nice aroma.  The description of the beer on the firm's website is as follows:  "This pale bronze beer is medium in body with intense hop flavor and aroma. Our IPA is brewed in the style of the “west coast” with robust hop character coming from American grown varieties of hops. IPA’s are amongst the most popular craft brewed beers as they have moderate strength and tons of flavor. This is not your Grandfathers beer!"

I have really enjoyed this beer.

Cheers and stay thirsty my friends!  

No comments: