Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Skins sign Brandon Meriweather

It's a two-year contract worth a total of $6 million.

Meriweather was drafted by the Patriots in the first round of the 2007 draft. He started 41 games in four seasons with in New England and made the Pro Bowl there following the 2009 and 2010 seasons.

He was released by the Pats because he had issues trying to free lance too much. Chicago picked him up but he was a disappointment there.

Not sure how I feel about the pickup. I think the guy is undisciplined and maybe has some work ethic issues. However, there is no question the guy has talent and if he can put it together, he can play. Also, I wasn't thrilled with what we had at S with Doughty and Gomes. We certainly needed help.

Given that it wasn't an expensive signing, I'm good with the pickup. We could still use some secondary help and O line help. I imagine there will be some help provided here with the draft as well.

No comments: