Total Pageviews

Monday, July 12, 2010

Mike Williams out for 2010

Turns out the guy has blood clots around his heart. According reports, Williams was recently hospitalized for the problem and the Redskins are concerned the issue could threaten his career.

First, the guy was like 500 lbs. a couple of years ago so it shouldn't come as a huge surprise he has some health issues.

Second, I don't really care. He was supposed to compete for the starting RG spot but I think it was going to go to Hicks. Williams deserves a lot of credit for losing 120+ lbs. and get back into playing shape but when I saw him play last year, I never thought he was that great. He would be good for some depth but I'm not too disappointed in the loss.

Hopefully, for his sake, he gets this problem resolved. I'm sure he must be disappointed to have fought back so hard and then have this type of set back. Again, hopefully he can get this resolved and come back and pick up where he left off.

No comments: