Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ovie suspended...AGAIN

Looked like an "iffy" call to me. I think it had more to do with Ovie's reputation than the actual hit. Looked like he got Campbell on the side and partial back and didn't hit him hard. Still, damage was done to Campbell (broken clavicle and some ribs) and he will be out for the rest of the regular season and some of the postseason. I don't like to see anyone hurt but didn't look like a vicious/illegal hit to me. Then again, I am an Ovie fan and don't understand all the rules of hockey so I may be completely wrong.

Aside from the hit, UNBELIEVABLE game against the Hawks. Caps down 3-0 in the third but manage to pull out a 4-3 win in OT. What I love about this Caps team is that they have this ability to just turn it on and when they do, they completely dominate. You could just see the pressure mount on Chicago in that third and you knew that we weren't out of it -- especially after our first goal and going into a 5-3. I was thinking we have to score on the 5-3 and we scored with about a second left in that advantage. At that point, you could see the Hawks were on their heels and the Caps were feeling it and the crowd was quieting down. After we tied it, the stadium was silent. The OT goal was a great end to end play by Backstrom.

Caps are just a really fun and exciting team to watch and hopefully they will make a good run to the Cup this year.

1 comment:

Rob said...

Totally unnecessary hit. I had no problem with the suspension. He needs to be smarter than that.