Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Duke vs MD tonight

This rivalry has lost a little of its luster the last couple of years but it's still a good game. Duke thrashed MD earlier in the season down in Durham. It is senior night tonight and I'm sure MD will want to avenge the pathetic performance in their first game and do so in front of their home crowd. I always enjoy when these teams get together -- and when MD wins.

I still remember years ago when Duke was playing MD at MD and there was only like 20-40 seconds left in the game and MD was up by double digits. It was on a Saturday and I was planning on going out and I didn't feel like sitting through all the timeouts as it seemed like the game was put away at that point so I left. I came back late and decided to catch a little Sportscenter before I went to bed and saw on the ticker that Duke won. I did not know how this was even possible so I thought it was a mistake. I ended up staying awake to catch the highlights and saw how Jay Williams hit 3 after 3 after 3 and stole the game. It was a terrible way to go to sleep.

Hopefully MD can pull off the upset tonight. GO TERPS!!!

No comments: