Total Pageviews

Friday, October 9, 2009

Dudzik?

JMU faces number #1 ranked Richmond this weekend in Harrisonburg and apparently we are making a number of personnel moves because of injuries. Coach Matthews has shifted junior Griff Yancey (Glen Allen, Va./Hermitage) from free safety to running back, will employ sophomore Corwin Acker (Landover, Md./Blake) in more of a receiver's role than at running back where he's been used previously, and will start redshirt freshman Justin Thorpe (Richmond, Va./Varina) at quarterback when the Dukes host Richmond Saturday (Oct. 10).

Nothing like making significant personnel moves when you are about to play the #1 team. I like Matthews and he has had tremendous success so hopefully his moves pan out.

2 comments:

Rob said...

You may like him, but Coach Mathews seems like he is acting like a dudzik.

Good luck to your team. I really mean that. I hope JMU wins for your sake. When it comes to the Deadskins I won't ever want them to win as long as Danny Boy is the owner, but I can honestly say that I hope JMU wins. They seem to be a well-run program.

j, k, and s's d said...

Actually, I really like Coach Matthews. He seems a little unorthodox at times but he has built a very good program at JMU.

I suppose the moves were made because of injury. Seems like Justin Thorpe is the QB of the future. Dudzik is more of a stop gap but I don't think he is the permanent solution. Also, it is a rebuilding year for us. Thorpe's numbers on this year aren't bad. I would still like to see only one QB instead of the rotation but I trust what Matthews is doing.