Total Pageviews

Friday, April 3, 2009

Bears sign Pace

Shortly after signing Cutler and giving up first round picks, the Bears tried to help out their O line by signing Orlando Pace. It's a 3 year, $15M deal with the first year payout being $6.1M. Pace will be 34 years old by mid season and has battled injuries the last few years. It will be interesting to see what he has left in the tank. It will also be interesting to see where he plays on the line. He has spent his career at LT. However, the Bears have their second year player Williams (who was injured all of last year) that plays LT. One of them will have to bow out and probably play RT. Williams is probably the more talented at this point but Pace is the more respected. The Bears are an interesting group this year. They still play in a weak division so they have a chance to have success this year. I am interested to see how Cutler and the Bears do. It's a critical year for Lovie because with the moves, I'm sure the organization is expecting them to compete with the Vikings for the division and if they struggle, it will be the end for Lovie.

Personally, I think Pace is too old and injury plagued. He will be okay but nothing spectacular. Cutler will struggle with the new team, the weather, and lack of WRs and cry.

3 comments:

Rob said...

I have a request that I think will work much better. Come to my blog to talk Bears, and I will come to yours to talk Redskins.

I have posted thoughts about Cutler and Pace, and I don't want to mix the discussion here and there.

Rob said...

If you don't mind.

j, k, and s's d said...

Don't mind at all. See you over there.