Total Pageviews

Monday, December 24, 2007

Huge game. HUGE WIN!!!


What can you say? The Redskins came in to the Metrodome facing a Viking team that had won five games in a row with both teams fighting for their playoff lives. The Redskins played in my mind, their best game of the season. They stuffed the vaunted Viking running game and they dominated the first half and put together an impressive 32-21 victory. In my mind, it was a great gameplan put together by the coaches and great execution by the players.


I also have to say that, maybe it is just me, but it appears that there is a determination and resolve on this team after all they have been through to come together and fight. I am really proud of this team for what they have done.


Still, we have one more game to win to ensure that we get into the playoffs. As great a victory as the Viking game was and as happy as everyone is and knowing the Cowboys have already locked up home field advantage throughout the playoffs, we have not won anything yet. We have to prepare as if the Cowboys are fighting for their playoff lives as well. I'm sure T.O. will be out but other than him, the Cowboys may very well play many of their starters. The Cowboys will be off the following week and I'm not sure if they will want their players basically taking 3 weeks off before playing again. We'll see what they do. The good thing is that we now control our own fate. A win and we are in. Also, we are playing at home and I'm sure there will be 90,000 fans cheering loudly.


Another good thing is that Todd Collins has been playing very well. I was saying that he would have a good game against the Vikings because he has such good knowledge of the offense and I think he can command and control the offense when he doesn't have to deal with external factors that could impact his game (e.g., bad weather, poor field conditions, etc.). He does not have the best physical skills but to put him in a more controlled setting like a dome, I think he could do very well. Hopefully we have decent weather on Sunday as I think it will be key for Collins to play well. I also like that the 'Skins seem to be more aggressive with their play calling in general but in particular with Collins in there. I'm certain Saunders is more confident with Collins driving the car and is giving him more latitude. Heard something on sports talk this morning that resonated with me. With Collins in there it's not like we are just having him try to hold down the fort. Rather we are attacking with him. It's also good to see guys like Moss and Portis step up and make some much needed plays that they have not been making all year.


Anyways, we got one game to go. It's been pretty exciting the last few weeks with these must wiin games. We got another one at home against the Cowboys. Should be a good one. Again, I like the way this team has come together. Hopefully there is no let down after the Viking victory and knowing the Cowboys are not playing for anything.


HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

No comments: