Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Shaq signs with the Celtics

Shaq is still serviceable but he is basically a hired gun at this point in the twilight of his career. It strengthens the Celtics who lost Rasheed Wallace to retirement and have that other big dude coming off of a torn ACL in the finals so they needed a big man. Shaq will also free up KG to play the forward position. Frankly, I'm happy because I am just looking for teams in the East that can beat the Heat as nothing would make me happier than to see LeBron never win a championship.

3 comments:

deepie said...

I think this definitely helps the Celtics...Mainly by freeing up KG who should be healthier next year, and giving them another big man to rotate in. They'll probably have one more run left in their old bones.

Regarding LeBron...really? Who cares what he did and who he screwed along the way? So what if he's an egomaniacal man-child. He's a talented ball player and the Heat are going to make watching the NBA fun again. I can't wait to see if they can make a run at the Bulls' 72 win season.

At the end of the day though, I'm a Wizards fan. I want to see Wall and Gil light it up. I think we've got 40-50 wins in us and we may be a center away from being dominant.

Scott said...

Don't forget about the consistency of Heinrik, remarkable improvement of Andre Blatche, and the recent steller play of McGee. Actually, I can't wait until the Wizards (p.s., I still hate the name) beat the Heat in the Verizon Center! F-Lebronchotis.

Rob said...

72 wins? No way. The Heat will win 60 - which is great, but not 72 wins great.