Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Caps make it 8 in a row

Another lopsided 5-1 victory over the Ducks. This team is rolling. What I like about the team is they are leading the league in many offensive categories and the offense is coming from many different players. Also, there seems to be a hunger on this team that is only matched by their confidence. It's got the making for something special.

I also like that the team seems to genuinely listen to and understand Coach Boudreau. Sure, he looks like Alfred Hitchcock but the guy can coach. I like that he recently said that as good as they have been hopefully we haven't seen the best yet. Also, that he is hoping that the team is not peaking too early and that they save that for April and May. He seems to have a good pulse of the team and the ability to keep this group of young stars grounded.

LETS GO CAPS!

3 comments:

Rob said...

The only thing I am really concerned about is goaltending. This is a championship caliber club in every respect except for their goaltending. It may be good enough, but I'd like to see them get someone to shore that up.

I like Varlamov, but apparently he has some kind of knee injury that may not hold up this year.

Theo is Theo - very streaky which is scary.

Neuvirth is a little up and down also.

j, k, and s's d said...

Agree.

Would like to get a fully healthy Varly in soon so that he has time to readjust to playing live games before the playoffs.

An injury that has kept him out this long may recur and also being a young guy, he may think about his knee when he does get out there and not focus on the game.

Would be good to get someone to shore up the goaltending. I still thinks it's a shame we didn't resign Huet. We let him go and I think gave similar money to Theo. That was a mistake.

deepie said...

I love this role that we're on, but I have the same concern that Boudreau expressed...that we may be peaking too early. I just hope we can continue or at least bring it back to this level and beyond come playoff time.

C-A-P-S, CAPS, CAPS, CAPS!