Total Pageviews

Friday, August 28, 2009

Vick returns!

I'm sure there were jitters on Vick's part and I'm sure he wasn't certain what the crowd reaction was going to be but from everything I saw and heard, it was a very successful return for Vick.

I watched part of the game last night and he came in on, I believe, the second play of the game and he came in to a standing ovation. He ended up completing a shuffle pass for a short gain. He finished the game 4 of 4 for 16 yards with the longest completion being something like a 12 yard pick up. He still has the zip on the ball and he seemed really happy to be out there. Every time he took the field, the crowd roared. Again, if he accepts what he has done, you have to feel good for the guy. He seems to be happy to be doing what he loves to do and he seems to have the support of his teammates and fans.

My wife actually asked me if I thought that opposing players would give Vick a hard time and say stuff to him. I'm sure that there are some animal lovers playing in the NFL just as I'm sure there are some gay football players. However, I think the NFL is a fraternity and the players, by and large, are supportive of Vick. He was one of the games superstars and he fell hard but he paid his debt and he's back. I think players are happy he is back and will be supportive of him.

1 comment:

Rob said...

He has paid his price - a very steep price - for his actions. People need to let it go.

If he starts up another dog fighting ring there won't be any chance of recover. It is unlikely that that would happen.

I enjoyed seeing him play last night and think he will reward the faith the Eagles showed in him by making some plays for them.