Total Pageviews

Monday, April 7, 2008

CAPS ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!

Who'd a thought after a 6-14 start? They were considered one of the worst teams in hockey but a new coach, some new energy, some key FA acquisitions, and a little bit of luck they have found themselves as the #3 seed in the Eastern Conference playoffs.

The clinching game against Florida on Saturday night was electric. The crowd was crazy and there was a sea of red. The Caps haven't been able to attract this kind of crowd at Verizon in years. Interesting because I walked into a sports store over the weekend and Ovechkin's jersey is on sale right at the front of the store and a lot of people were showing interest. Frankly, I wouldn't mind getting one myself. If you watch the team, you can't help but enjoy the way that they play. They are playing with a lot of inspiration and confidence.

That said, they have bought themselves an opening round matchup against Philadelphia (another much improved team from last year). The Caps have the home advantage and I feel confident they will continue their stellar play. I don't think they are satisfied with just getting to the playoffs. I think they are ready for more. Again, this team seems focused and yet relaxed. They are playing with as much confidence as anyone and I think they will make some noise in the playoffs.

LET'S GO CAPS!!!

No comments: