Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Bears Draft.

I won't comment too much since I don't follow the Bears that closely. Also, outside some of the bigger name players in college and/or the guys you hear a lot of hype on pre draft, I don't know too many of the college kids and their skills.

Still, the Bears did right by drafting O line number one. Wasn't a big surprise in the position they selected. By many of the mock drafts I saw, it seemed like they would go with Jeff Otah since he seems better suited for the Bears offense. There was also the kid from UVA who was projected higher but the Bears went with Chris Williams from Vandy. Apparently he is a better pass blocker than run blocker but Robs mentioned that it is harder to teach pass blocking than run blocking because of the footwork needed in pass blocking. He is probably right. My take, it doesn't matter which one of those guys they took. They all rank high and again, the Bears drafted the right position.

Little surprised with their second pick. They went running back with that guy Forte. Never heard of him but he seems solid. It should give Benson some competition so we'll see how he deals with that. Robs seemed to think that Benson is decent so I didn't think he would like the pick but in talking to him yesterday, he was happy with it. I just thought the Bears had more pressing needs than RB. Thought they would need a WR or O line/D line. My take, not a bad pick. Again, their running game was terrible last year and they need to do something to spark it. We'll see how this pans out for them.

1 comment:

Rob said...

I loved the Bears draft. I commented over on my page.