Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Redskin training camp.

So I went to Redskin Park and got a look at the Redskins practicing. First, it was the first time I had been to their practice in Ashburn. I had gone to Carlyle several years ago but this was a little bit different atmosphere. Obviously, now that it is in VA, there were several more fans. Also, they had souvenier stands and a few refreshment stands as well. Still, it was a good crowd and good atmosphere. The players started off in individual position drills and then came together for offense vs. defense. The players cycled in and out regularly but saw some good plays by Jason Campbell. Namely, a 40+ yard ball to Antwaan Randle El who was being covered by Shawn Springs. It was a nice corner pattern that Randle El snagged at the 2 yard line. Campbell looked good out there and looked confident. It will be interesting to see how much he has matured in the off season. As we have discussed, I expect good things out of him. However, I keep in mind that he only has 7 starts to his name.

Also, got a chance to look at Laron Landry. He looked enthusiastic and there was no question that he seeks contact. Guy was not afraid to hit. It was also nice to see Smoot back here. He looked happy to be back and the crowd gave plenty of "SMOOOOOOOT!" chants. Overall, I was pleased with what I saw. I am not sure how the previous training camps have gone but there seems to be a business-like feeling over at the Park and it looked the players had something to prove. We'll see how things play out but I am just happy that we are only a few short weeks from football season.

No comments: