Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Wizards open up tonight agains the Heat

Wizards open their season tonight against Eastern Conference champs Miami.  It's a good test for both teams.  Wizards are a team on the rise and Miami wants to prove they can still compete without LeBron James. 

For the Wizards, I expect them to have more confidence this season.  Getting into the second round of the playoffs last season proved to them that they are good.  They brought in a couple of veterans in Paul Pierce, Dejuan Blair, and Kris Humphries to help.  I like these moves particularly Pierce as he still has some gas left in the tank but more importantly he know what it takes to get to the championship.

The Wiz have some injuries namely to Bradley Beal but there is enough depth on this team that they should be fine until his return.

As far as Miami, again, they want to show that they are more than LeBron.  In particular, I think Chris Bosh is looking forward to having a more expanded role on this team.  I like the Luol Deng signing and frankly, I think this team will still be solid playoff team in the East.  At the same time, I can't imagine teams fearing them like in the past.  In fact, I expect a team like the Wizards to have more of a swagger to them and feeling like they are the better team.

Should be a good early test for both teams.  Looking forward to it although I will probably watch the Caps as they play at the same time tonight. 

No comments: