Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Baseball playoffs start tonight

I'm not a huge baseball fan but the playoffs are exciting and they are even more exciting given both the Nats and the O's are in the postseason. 

Baltimore will face the Tigers.  The Nats will find out tomorrow who they play as SF faces Pitt in the wild card matchup. 

What I like about both the Nats and the O's is they are both very balanced teams (I think the Nats are more so than the O's).  They have quality starting pitching, solid bats from top to bottom, and good relievers.  Both teams will be very difficult to beat. 

For the Nats I also like that Strasburg has a chance to show why he was drafted number 1 overall a few years back.  Having missed out on the postseason a couple of years ago, I think he is itching for this moment.  I also think Drew Storen is looking for some redemption.  This team is more mature than it was a couple of years ago and I think they believe they should win it all which is a big part of playoff baseball. 

Should be fun. 

No comments: