Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

CEAFOD - the door stays open for Deepie

As mentioned in a previous post, I felt pretty comfortable with my position in the championship game given the score at the end of Sunday's games and the remaining players Deepie and I both had. Basically, the score was 95-91 and I had Brees, Colston, and the Philly D vs. AP.

Brees and Colston had a combined projected score of 32 so I was hoping to put the game out of reach last night with them playing. However, they just couldn't get their groove on. Going into the 4th quarter, the tandem only combined a total of 7 points. The Saints did have a drive in the 4th quarter and Brees threw an over the top pass down the middle to Colston for a TD but it was called back because of a false start. If that play had stood, I think it would have been almost a lock of me winning the championship. Brees did throw the game winning TD so he did get me some points but the tandem combined for a final result of 17 points (a little more than half of what they were projected).

So we find ourselves going into tonight's game with me having a 13 point lead and I have the Philly D and Deepie has AP. It's still wide open. I have to believe that if AP does play, the focus of the Philly D will be to stop him. Joe Webb is starting at QB and AP is Minnesota's best player so it would only make sense that the Philly D would key on AP and force Joe Webb to beat them. Also, the weather will be cold and AP still has a sore knee and the Queens are out of the playoffs so I'm not sure why they would want to push AP (their franchise player) and risk further injury. These are all my thoughts and hopes of keeping AP on the sidelines. Seems like the Queens will also want to see what they have in some of the younger guys and give Gerhart some reps.

Finally, given that Webb is the starter, I am hoping the Iggles can force a couple of turnovers.

The last two weeks the teams I have played have each had one individual that has scored at least 40 points. Hopefully AP doesn't continue that trend and cost me victory. At least tonight's game becomes more exciting for Deepie and me.

1 comment:

deepie said...

Brees and Colston didn't bump knees and knock each other out of the game as I expected, but they didn't have the game you would have expected. I'm still alive! If Peterson can get me at least 20-25 points, I think I'll have a shot to offset whatever you get out of Philly's D.

Good luck!