Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Redskins / Native American commerical



Interesting commercial that was aired in select cities during last night's NBA championship game.  Nice commerical; however, the name won't change any time soon.

Frankly, the commercial is good in that it brings some attention to native Americans and their struggles but it almost seems silly that given all of their hardships, we are talking about a mascot.  I watched the commercial and frankly had more pride in our logo.  Again, I don't want to offend anyone but the mascot/name FOR ME pays tribute to the native Americans and their bravery.  Again, that is HOW I TAKE IT.  I DO NOT want to offend. 

I have said that if they changed the name to the Washington Warriors and kept everything the same, I'd be cool with that.

Still, the commercial seems to bring bigger issues to light than a mascot and leaders should be ashamed for what has happened to native Americans.  Frankly, Dan Snyder has set up foundations to help native Americans and is probably doing more than our Government. 

No comments: