Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Cavs beat the Wiz...AGAIN!!!

For the third year in a row, the Cavs beat the Wizards in the playoffs. You can blame injuries or this or that but the Cavs just have our number. The thing that gets me is all the trash talking and hard fouling the Wizards did. I guess I kind of overlooked it since I am a Wizards fan. However, if I were not a Wizards fan, I'd hate this team. I think Jamison is great player and teammate but guys like Stevenson, Haywood, and even Arenas run their mouths a lot without a whole lot of credentials.

Well, we'll see what the offseason brings. Apparently Jamison is an UFA and Arenas is a RFA and wants to test the market. Butler only has one more year on his deal. I think we need to keep that core in place and then look to add true power forward. Maybe a Brand or someone.

Still, just tired of all the talk. It would also be nice to get out of the first round of the playoffs and do so by getting over the Cavs.

3 comments:

deepie said...

This is my Wiz' wish-list...

Trade Arenas and either Etan Thomas or Brendan Haywood for a solid, 20+ ppg, 10 rpg center/PF. As JKD says, Elton Brand would fit the bill.

Make Daniels the starting PG, groom Nick Young to be the SG.

We wouldn't have a true center, but a lineup consisting of Daniels, Young, Butler, Jamison, and Brand would be able to do a lot of damage in the East.

j, k, and s's d said...

Disagree. Daniels, Young, Butler, Jamison, and Brand is WAY too small. We would need some bangers to help with the rebounds.

I am not sold on Arenas. He has started to bother me. Also, I think Young could be a nice option if we lost Arenas. However, we certainly need a bigger body with the lineup you presented.

deepie said...

How do you think Brand would fit in? You also mentioned attempting to bring him to the 'Wiz?

Also, who do we trade to get him?