Not that a win would have mattered or anything and it's not like I expected to beat the Chargers. Still, it would have been nice to send Zorny out with a win. Also, we were going up largely against the Charger backups.
Actually, it looked like we were going to win the game but once again, we found a way to lose. It pretty much boiled down to bad mistakes on our part that cost us the game. Specifically, Dock jumping offsides on a 4th and inches on the Charger 2 yard line where we were coming off of a timeout. That's inexcusable. Also, our DBs must have the absolute worst hands in the NFL. I thought it was largely just Carlos Rogers but apparently he has infected our entire defensive backfield. Smoot dropped one that was right in his hands in the first quarter that would have saved a FG. Then on the Charger last minute scoring drive, Tryon dropped a floater that hit him right in the chest. I knew after that play that the Chargers would score. Fitting end to sucky season.
Here are a few general thoughts:
1. O line sucked.
2. JC was solid. Again deserves credit for having to play under such sucky working conditions.
3. Defense was okay but dropping of balls was inexcusable.
4. Randle El had one very nice return. It was weird because he caught it and actually ran forward instead of hopping around in place before falling down before even being touched. Where the hell was that all year?
5. Kicker seems sketchy. Think he may have a hurt foot or something but not sure he is the answer. Short kickoffs and had a short FG that had difficulty getting through.
6. Good to see Kelly get involved. He had the one 80+ yard catch that would have been nice if he scored but it's still good to get these guys involved. Think we just need to simplify the offense and get these guys the ball.
Not much else. It was a very disappointing year and I'm glad it's over and we can begin changes and get ready for next year.