So everyone is all hot on Grossman and the Skins after their performance last week. It was a very good performance but it will be meaningless if we come out and play poorly on Sunday. I do not expect that to be the case and expect the Skins to win by at least 10 points. Here are my general predictions:
1. Rexy will continue his solid play. Cam Newton threw for over 400 yards last week and I believe the Cards are shifting to a 3-4 defense this season. That being the case, they are going through similar growing pains that come from installing a new defense that the Skins faced last season. I expect Grossman and the Skins to take advantage of this and he will have a similar type of game as last week.
2. Hightower will be much better. All players want to play well against their former teams. Hightower was traded for very little (V. Holliday and a late round conditional pick). He will want to show the Cards what they passed on. He will also want to rebound from an okay game last week. I expect him to do much better and score at least one TD.
3. Defense is a concern. Doubt we'll see Landry back this week and Orakpo is hurt but hopefully will be able to go. Don't like that Doughty will be in there with L. Fitz. D. Hall may be locked up on Fitz all day but Doughty will struggle in coverage. All the more reason why we will need to get pressure on Kolb. I expect Fitz to get 6-7 catches for 100+ yards. It will be difficult to stop him but we have to minimize him and then stop the other guys. Similar to Rexy, the defense was impressive last week and that needs to continue this week. Kolb is still relatively new to starting and certainly new to the Cards and their system so I expect to see at least one pick this week.
4. Gano better perform. He really can't afford to miss any makeable FGs. He was good in the preseason and it was only one miss last week but he hasn't shown himself to be a top tier kicker and he will need to be more consistent if he plans on staying here long term.
5. Fred Davis. He lost 12 lbs. and is more like a WR. He can create mismatches with LBs trying to cover him. With Cooley still nursing injury, I expect Davis to have another solid game.
In the end, I expect the Skins to win 24-13.